The Gardens Ice House in Laurel, MD will be the place to be on Saturday, August 2nd. Starting at 10am, we'll be open to the public for our fifth annual Community Festival. This year, we want to get the biggest crowd yet! Come out and join us! There will be free food (provided by Outback Steakhouse!!!), free arts and crafts, free activities, and free fun, plus RMNB's article says it's FUN!!!
Leap Towards A Cure Comic ConventionJoin us from 10 am to 4 pm at the Community Festival for our first even LTAC Comic Convention. Local artists will exhibit and sell their work. Come check out some amazing, award-winning creators, several with ties to the area hockey community!
Artist exhibitors include:
- Rachel L. Cohen. Born in Washington, DC and residing in Germantown, MD, Rachel is a graduate of the University of Hartford, where she earned a BFA in Illustration. Her favourite mediums are Acrylic Inks & digital vector art. Rachel also enjoys Printmaking, especially working with linoleum relief, or “linocuts." Rachel an ice hockey fanatic, and illustrates for the blog "Russian Machine Never Breaks," which focuses of the Washington Capitals. Let's go Caps! This love of hockey has driven her to a passion in the subject of sports illustration. This passion, combined with a love of fantasy, comics, and science fiction, takes athletes from around the world, and adds a twist to the typical sports image. Rachel also loves designing original characters & creatures to tell original tales of her own.
- Kevin Cook
- Terry Flippo
- Monica Gallagher
- Rafer Roberts is the man behind the comic book PLASTIC FARM and the comic strip NIGHTMARE THE RAT. His art has been seen in X-O MANOWAR and HARBINGER (Valiant Comics), LITTLE NEMO: DREAM ANOTHER DREAM (Locust Moon Press), HENRY AND GLENN FOREVER AND EVER (Microcosm), and OXYMORON (ComixTribe). He has drawn DOPE FIENDS OF THE ZOMBIE CAFE and WILD WOMEN OF THE KITTY-KAT GALAXY with writer Sean Frost, and a TIGER LAWYER short with Ryan Ferrier. He currently lives in western Maryland with his wife and muse and their hoard of cats.
- Joe Sutliff
Silent AuctionOur silent auction runs from 10 am to 5 pm, on the Community Festival floor. Come bid on items from donors such as:
- American Pest: Washington Nationals tickets
- Baltimore Ravens
- Barrel Oak Winery
- Bowie Baysox
- Fabbioli Cellars
- Liberty Mountain Resort
- Naked Mountain
- Paradise Springs
- Penn Social
- Potomac Nationals
- Seven Springs Mountain Resort
- Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel: Certificate for Two-Night Stay in Traditional Style Room
- Tarara Winery
- Washington Capitals: Jason Chimera signed puck
- Washington Wizards: Kevin Seraphin signed mini-basketball
- Whitetail Resort
And more to be announced...
If you would like to donate directly to our organization, you may do so online here or by mailing a check made out to "Andrea Henderson Memorial Fund" to:
6045 Claire Dr
Elkridge, MD 21075
The Andrea Henderson Memorial Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and all donations are tax deductible.